Here are a few reminders as you prepare for the 2019-20 school year:
1. Get your school supplies!
Click on your school for a school supply list:
2. Check portal for your bus information.
Final bus schedules will be posted on August 26 on Campus Portal under the reports tab. Click here for information about our transportation department. Also, download MyStop, an app with your bus’s GPS location and ETA, updated every 1-2 minutes.
3. Sync your school’s calendar with your personal calendar.
4. Enable text messaging from the district.
Parents/guardians must configure this option in Campus Portal and we have outlined the instructions.
5. New for the 19-20 school year: Student ID number will now be students’ lunch pin.
Students will use their 6-digit STUDENT ID number to purchase meals and a la cart items. If your student doesn’t know their STUDENT ID number, the 6-digit number can be found on Campus Portal, or call Nutrition Services at 952-556-6145.
6. Visitors must provide a state-issued driver’s license or state-issued ID at time of first visit to school.
Visitor check-in helps to ensure safety and security in our schools. The district welcomes parents/guardians and others who wish to visit our schools. This fall, each of our schools will begin using a new visitor management system to ensure safety and security for students and staff. On your first visit to one of our schools you will be required to provide a state-issued driver’s license or state-issued ID. You will NOT be required to show your ID on subsequent visits. Learn more about visitor check-in here.
7. Elementary families – sign up for Connect & Assess.
Kindergarten through 5th grade students are invited to meet their teacher and complete a brief learning assessment during a Connect & Assess meeting on August 27 or 28. If you haven’t already signed up, you can do so here.
8. New Wellness Policy helps keep kids healthy so they can live and learn well.
If you’re planning a birthday celebration, fundraising event, or school celebration, remember to make it healthy! Learn more about the district’s Wellness Policy and find a list of healthy Smart Snacks and Classroom Celebration ideas at www.district112.org/wellness.
9. The first day of school is Tuesday, September 3.
Enjoy the final weeks of summer, and we’ll see you soon!